Description of problem:
Satellite is taking long time to load the All Host page in an organization when there is a lot of reports.
There is a default scope in "app/models/foreman_openscap/arf_report.rb"
With "Organization.current" set, the above function will try to filter the reports by organization. This seems to cause ruby to take long time to construct a list of report ids in an organization to be filtered when there is a lot of reports in an organization.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Need to have many content hosts that run openscap scan and upload the reports to the Satellite.
2. Make sure "Any organization" is set
3. Go to Hosts -> All Hosts page
4. The page should finish loading within an acceptable time.
5. Now, set the organization.
6. Refresh the "All Hosts" page again
7. The page will take several minutes to load.
"All hosts" page takes long time to load
"All hosts" page should finish loading within an acceptable time.
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27332 has been resolved.
I don`t think that this bug solves the issue itself.
Loading ARF report data while opening the "All Hosts" or "Content Hosts" Page doesn`t require any report data.
The mentioned foreman_openscap fix may speed up the page loading time but the loading of all reports still generate I/O and latency for data which is not really required for the page view.
The dev clarified the behavior. The status icon in the hostlist has a mouseover window with information about the compliance status. This is the reason why they load all ARF Reports in the hostlist.
Created attachment 1623517 [details]
Hotfix RPM for Satellite 6.4.4
A hotfix is available for Satellite 6.4.4. Installation instructions:
1. Download attached hotfix RPM and copy it to Satellite server
2. yum localinstall /path/to/hotfix/RPM
3. # systemctl restart httpd
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
I have a customer(case 02500259) who is requesting hotfix for 6.5.
Can we have a hotfix for that too?
Created attachment 1631086 [details]
Hotfix RPM for Satellite 6.5.3
Hotfix is available for Satellite 6.5.3.
1. Take a backup or snapshot of Satellite server
2. Download Hotfix RPM for version 6.5.3 from this BZ and copy it to Satellite server
3. rpm -Uvh /path/to/hotfix/rpm
4. systemctl restart httpd