Bug 1729770 - Translations missing from Horizon's container [NEEDINFO]
Summary: Translations missing from Horizon's container
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat OpenStack
Classification: Red Hat
Component: openstack-containers
Version: 15.0 (Stein)
Hardware: x86_64
OS: Linux
high
high
Target Milestone: rc
: 15.0 (Stein)
Assignee: Dan Prince
QA Contact: Beth White
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks: 1737503
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2019-07-14 12:03 UTC by Eldar Weiss
Modified: 2019-12-17 12:01 UTC (History)
10 users (show)

Fixed In Version: openstack-horizon-container-15.0-51
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
: 1737503 (view as bug list)
Environment:
Last Closed: 2019-09-21 16:39:03 UTC
Target Upstream Version:
gregraka: needinfo? (dprince)


Attachments (Terms of Use)


Links
System ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Red Hat Product Errata RHEA-2019:2853 None None None 2019-09-21 16:39:12 UTC

Description Eldar Weiss 2019-07-14 12:03:53 UTC
Description of problem:
After changing Horizon's language, saving and logging out - language remains English.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): RHOS15


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1.Enter Horizon --> User settings
2.Change language and save.
3.Log out and log in again

Actual results:
Language remains English in GUI, language in settings is still what you chose.

Expected results:
Language is changed to what you chose.

Additional info:

Comment 1 Radomir Dopieralski 2019-07-16 10:24:00 UTC
I was unable to reproduce this bug. What is the language you choose? How did you install Horizon?

Comment 2 Radomir Dopieralski 2019-07-16 10:25:13 UTC
Which browser are you using? Do you have any plugins, such as Privacy Badger, that could have prevented Horizon from setting a cookie?

Comment 3 Eldar Weiss 2019-07-16 10:45:40 UTC
This happened to me on Chrome. 
Tried cleaning cache and history...still same issue.
I've tried several languages (Italian, Spanish, Chinese).
This was on RHOSP15...latest.
This bug was successfully recreated by Ido Ovadia on his own server and his version was a build from at least a week or two ago.

Comment 4 Radomir Dopieralski 2019-07-16 10:58:02 UTC
My versions are:
python3-django-horizon-15.1.1-0.20190701101229.c3ac75e.el8ost.noarch
openstack-dashboard-15.1.1-0.20190701101229.c3ac75e.el8ost.noarch
openstack-dashboard-theme-15.0.1-1.el8ost.noarch
puppet-horizon-14.4.1-0.20190425170346.8a5fe3a.el8ost.noarch

I tried with Polish, and now also with Italian, Spanish and Chinese, both with Chromium and Firefox, and they all work for me.

Do you have an instance where it doesn't work that I could test?

Comment 5 Eldar Weiss 2019-07-16 11:09:43 UTC
You can look in my server
puma49.scl.lab.tlv.redhat.com (http://10.35.160.195:8080).

password: 12345678

Comment 6 Radomir Dopieralski 2019-07-16 12:19:14 UTC
I'm afraid that is in a private network to which I don't have access.

Comment 7 Eldar Weiss 2019-07-16 12:37:13 UTC
Are you sure? what does it say?
Were supposed to be on the same network.
I checked now; my build is 20190708.
I also checked Horizon...the bug still occurs.
Please refer to Ido Ovadia and ask for his instance if you can't login to mine (it happens to him too).

Comment 8 Radomir Dopieralski 2019-07-16 12:57:14 UTC
I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED, I will talk with Ido.

Comment 9 Eldar Weiss 2019-07-16 13:03:56 UTC
Radomir, Please try with HTTPS.

https://10.35.160.195:8080

admin
12345678

Comment 10 Radomir Dopieralski 2019-07-16 13:23:36 UTC
# ls /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/locale/
en_AU  en_GB

Looks like most of the translations are deleted from the container for some reason.

Comment 11 Radomir Dopieralski 2019-07-16 14:00:28 UTC
Since the problem only appears in the container, and packstack-installed horizon is not missing the translations, they are likely deleted by something in tripleo, so I'm changing the bug's component.

Comment 12 Radomir Dopieralski 2019-07-22 16:17:26 UTC
After discussion with Lon Hohberger and some experiments, we think that the cause is related to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=156477
The solution seems to be installing glibc-langpacks-all

Comment 14 Lon Hohberger 2019-07-24 14:43:26 UTC
So the solution is this:

RUN mv /etc/rpm/macros.image-language-conf / \
    && dnf -y install openstack-dashboard \
    && mv /macros.image-language-conf /etc/rpm \
    && ... (rest of dockerfile)

I think this will either be moved to tripleo-common or kolla.

The /etc/rpm/macros.image-language.conf is provided by ubi8. DNF -> RPM loads this macro file and then prunes anything that isn't in there upon install.

Comment 17 Eldar Weiss 2019-07-31 12:01:58 UTC
Currently running RHOSP15 installation, will verify this bug ASAP.

Comment 18 Amit Ugol 2019-08-05 05:27:25 UTC
Almost...

1. Install, default is set to EN.
2. Change to, say, DE, click Save.
3. Now in Deutsche, change to English and click on Speichern.
4. Logout.
5. Login.
Landing page is English but subtabs, like Compute->Images is in Deutsche.

Comment 19 Amit Ugol 2019-08-05 05:33:49 UTC
It would seem like a cache issue. Please make sure browser does not use saved cache between language/theme settings changes.

Comment 20 Beth White 2019-08-05 14:15:07 UTC
Post discussion with Amit we are marking this blocker bug as verified and opening a cloned bug to address the low priority caching issue. The blocking issue has been resolved.

Comment 23 errata-xmlrpc 2019-09-21 16:39:03 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2019:2853


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.