Created attachment 1590924 [details]
boot log (with rawhide kernel)
1. Please describe the problem:
Cannot put Thinkpad X1 Carbon to sleep.
2. What is the Version-Release number of the kernel:
3. Did it work previously in Fedora? If so, what kernel version did the issue
*first* appear? Old kernels are available for download at
Unsure. Has been happening for a while (originally thought it was related to undocking, but it turns out it happens without coming near the dock).
4. Can you reproduce this issue? If so, please provide the steps to reproduce
the issue below:
Boot. Login (Gnome Wayland). Close lid. Initially looks like it succeeds (red light throbs on/off), but then the light comes on solid.
5. Does this problem occur with the latest Rawhide kernel? To install the
Rawhide kernel, run ``sudo dnf install fedora-repos-rawhide`` followed by
``sudo dnf update --enablerepo=rawhide kernel``:
Yes. Failed on rawhide: kernel-core-5.3.0-0.rc0.git3.1.fc31.x86_64
(also, the command to install rawhide turns out to need '--releasever 31' added as a parameter...)
6. Are you running any modules that not shipped with directly Fedora's kernel?:
7. Please attach the kernel logs. You can get the complete kernel log
for a boot with ``journalctl --no-hostname -k > dmesg.txt``. If the
issue occurred on a previous boot, use the journalctl ``-b`` flag.
do you have any usb devices plugged into the machine? If so, does disconnecting them fix the problem?
if you disable bluetooth from the settings panel before suspending, does that fix the problem?
I haven't tried this in a while (since I no longer go into the office). I undocked, left bluetooth on, and sleeping appears to be working.
This was performed on Fedora 31 with kernel-5.7.8-100.fc31.x86_64
okay, let's close this out then, I guess.