Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 173028
Review Request: ser - SIP Express Router
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:16 EST
Spec Name or Url: http://paula.comtv.ru/ser.spec
SRPM Name or Url: http://paula.comtv.ru/ser-0.9.4-1.src.rpm
Description: Ser or SIP Express Router is a very fast and flexible SIP (RFC3621)
proxy server. Written entirely in C, ser can handle thousands calls
per second even on low-budget hardware. A C Shell like scripting language
provides full control over the server's behaviour. It's modular
architecture allows only required functionality to be loaded.
Currently the following modules are available: digest authentication,
CPL scripts, instant messaging, MySQL support, a presence agent, radius
authentication, record routing, an SMS gateway, a jabber gateway, a
transaction module, registrar and user location
RFC is actually 3261
Needs a bit of work: (courtesy of fedora-qa script)
* RPM name is OK
* Source ser-0.9.4_src.tar.gz is the same as upstream
* This is the latest version
* Builds fine in mock
* Missing SMP flags. If it doesn't build with it, please add a comment
* Spec file: tag Vendor is forbidden
* The BuildRoot must be cleaned at the beginning of %install
* rpmlint of ser: init script can be without no replace, and should be
executable. But it should not be enabled by default.
* rpmlint of ser-mysql: Simply remove the . from the summary.
* rpmlint of ser-jabber: Another period to remove.
* rpmlint of ser-cpl-c: Yet another period.
* rpmlint of ser-pa: Remove .
* rpmlint of ser-postgres: Remove .
* File list of ser: Move the /usr/etc heirarchy to /etc.
* Missing dependancy on service for %preun (package initscripts)
* Missing dependancy on chkconfig for %post (package chkconfig)
* Missing dependancy on chkconfig for %preun (package chkconfig)
* Scriptlets: missing "service" in %postun (wiki: ScriptletSnippets) (in
*** Bug 180345 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Peter, do you want to keep SER or can it be turned over to Andreas?
(In reply to comment #3)
> Peter, do you want to keep SER or can it be turned over to Andreas?
I willingly let Andreas to take ownership over SER. My only reques is to make
separate packages for ser-jabber, ser-cpl-c and ser-pa modules as well as for
ser-postgres and ser-mysql modules.
This patch would be useful for doing this:
About the different packages:
mysql and postgresql are already packaged as subpackages. This makes sense, as
both pull in quite a lot of dependencies, which is unnecessary if one is only
using one database and not the other.
But about the jabber, cpl-c and pa modules, I'm not so sure. All they depend on
are libxml2, expat and pthread.
These libraries are already installed on most systems by default, so it makes no
sense IMHO to split the package up any further.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 180345 ***
Removed FE-REVIEW blocker