Description of problem:
When both current organization and current location are set in the web UI, Satellite will only trigger the Capsule sync tasks for the Capsules in the current location after publishing or promoting a content view successfully. The capsules which are not in the current location will not be synced.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login as Admin User.
2. Create 2 locations in your Satellite, such as Sydney and Melbourne.
3. Having 2 Capsules register to the Satellite and make sure they are in the same lifecycle environments.
4. Add the 1st Capsule to location Sydney only.
5. Add the 2nd Capsule to location Melbourne only.
6. Create a content view and add some repositories to it.
7. Set the current location to Sydney in the Web UI.
8. Publish the content view you just created.
9. After publishing the content view successfully, go to the Monitor -> Tasks page and you should be able to see only 1 Capsule sync task is triggered.
Capsule in Melbourne not getting sync
Capsules in both locations should be synced.
Yes, this does sound like a bug, likely we need a .unscoped call on some smart proxy lookup
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27529 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27529 has been resolved.
adding upstream issue to resolve part of latest findings. still need fixed foreman-tasks
foreman-tasks v0.15.11 has been released upstream to resolve the downstream regression
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.