From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Fedora/1.0.7-1.1.fc4 Firefox/1.0.7
Description of problem:
I have the following in my modprobe.conf
options ibm_acpi experimental=1 hotkey=enable,0xffff
If I let hotplug load the module, the options are ignored. If I add the module to the initial ramdisk image or load the module from rc.local, the options are picked up.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Add options line from description to modprobe.conf
1. Boot standard FC4 distribution on Thinkpad.
2. Cat /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey and note that its not enabled and the mask is not 0xfff
3. Add ibm_acpi to the initial ramdisk and reboot
4. Cat /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey and note that its enabled and the mask is 0xffff
It's loaded with modprobe, so it *should* use the parameters. I'll have to do
some reproducing here.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 159120 ***