Description of problem:
Edge case with the new marketplace default operator source implementation.
If, when an operator source is marked for deletion but the operator has not yet removed the deletion finalizer, the operator restarts it will exit with an error.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. oc delete opsrc community-operators
2. stop the marketplace-operator pod before the deletion reconciler removes the finalizer from the community-operators opsrc
3. restart the marketplace operator
The operator fails to start
The operator should restart, delete the community-operators opsrc and immediately recreate it.
1. unmanaged the marketplace-operator by cvo,
2. edit the replicas of deployment marketplace-operator to "0",
3. delete default opsrc "redhat-operators",
4. edit the replicas of deployment marketplace-operator to "1"
no error message in the logs of marketplace-operator container and the opsrc "redhat-operators" is deleted first and recreated immediately.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.