1. Proposed title of this feature request
PDF Signature support in Evince
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Evince currently does not show any signature information if the PDF is signed. Customer wants Evince to show signature information and details, in a similar way LibreOffice Draw does. That way an Evince user could easily verify that the PDF is "valid" by inspecting the signature details.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer's employees work with signed PDFs on a daily basis -- not just PDFs signed by the customer itself, but from other public organizations such as the goverment, etc.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Customer wants Evince to show signature information and details if the PDF is signed.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
When opening a signed PDF with Evince, customer would be advsed that the PDF is signed, if the signature is valid or not, and the custoemr would be able to see information and details of the signature (issuer, CA path to certificate, etc).
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
There seem to be some upstream bugs against poppler related to this:
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
"The sooner the better".
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
Sales is not involved.
10. List any affected packages or components.
evince, popper (presumptive)
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?