Bug 173759 - Let's get a new version!
Summary: Let's get a new version!
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: shapelib
Version: rawhide
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Shawn McCann
QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
Depends On:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
Reported: 2005-11-20 18:46 UTC by Orion Poplawski
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:11 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2006-03-06 04:49:22 UTC

Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Orion Poplawski 2005-11-20 18:46:12 UTC
Description of problem:

Looks like there has not been an "official" release of shapelib for a long time,
but development continues in CVS
(:pserver:cvsanon@cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot).  Perhaps a ping of
the mailing list (http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/shapelib/) would
get a response, but it the meantime please consider releasing a cvs snapshot in

Comment 1 Shawn McCann 2005-11-29 03:47:37 UTC
Checked with Frank Warmerdam, the shapelib maintainer. There are no plans for a
new shapelib release in the short term.

I will find out whether there's a process for releasing a CVS snapshot into
devel and, if there is, will do so in the next couple of weeks.

Comment 2 Orion Poplawski 2006-02-24 22:37:28 UTC

Comment 3 Shawn McCann 2006-03-05 05:52:58 UTC
I took a CVS snapshot in early Jan and repatched it. However there was some new
activity so I decided to wait (I was hoping that an official release might be
imminent). I've done a new snapshot today that incorporates the fixes made in
Jan and Feb. If all goes well, the new version will be in the respository in the
next few days.

Comment 4 Shawn McCann 2006-03-06 04:49:22 UTC
CVS snapshot as of March 4 has been submitted and built in the devel branch

Comment 5 Orion Poplawski 2006-03-06 22:24:48 UTC
Cool. Thanks!  Rebuilt python-basemap to take advantage of the changes.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.