Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 173816
Specific query cannot complete
Last modified: 2013-06-23 23:04:47 EDT
Description of problem:
The following query is entirely unable to complete and give me results.
The goal of the query is to obtain external, non-IT associated regressions,
entered against RHEL, RHEL Beta, or RHEL Public Beta, and against versions
rhel3-u7 or rhel4-u3. It was when I added rhel3-u3 (which I had accidentally
dropped out of the search parameters) that it stopped being able to complete.
Red Hat's current Bugzilla version is 2.18. I am moving all older open bugs to
this version. Any bugs against the older versions will need to be verified that
they are still bugs. This will help me also to sort them better.
This appears to still be a problem, where the query never completes, and just
claims to be pondering it forever.
I am able to get the query to work if I change the email search value from
'*redhat.com' to '.*redhat\.com' which is valid regex. It seems to be choking on
havin just an asterisk by itself. Bugzilla should be able to do some sanity
checking on regex values instead of crashing.
Red Hat Bugzilla is now using version 3.2 of the Bugzilla codebase and therefore this bug will need to be re-verified against the new release. With the updated code this bug may no longer be relevant or may have been fixed in the new code.
Updating bug version to 3.2.
This seems to be having other problems; I can no longer check if this URL works. Closing.