1. Please describe the problem:
kernel freezes with blank screen shortly after loading
2. What is the Version-Release number of the kernel:
3. Did it work previously in Fedora? If so, what kernel version did the issue
*first* appear? Old kernels are available for download at https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8 :
Yes, appeared with 5.2.5-200.fc30.aarch64
The last working kernel is 5.1.20-300.fc30.aarch64
4. Can you reproduce this issue? If so, please provide the steps to reproduce
the issue below:
Select new kernel from grub
5. Does this problem occur with the latest Rawhide kernel? To install the
Rawhide kernel, run ``sudo dnf install fedora-repos-rawhide`` followed by
``sudo dnf update --enablerepo=rawhide kernel``:
I see 5.2.6 just landed in updates-testing. I'll give that a try.
6. Are you running any modules that not shipped with directly Fedora's kernel?:
7. Please attach the kernel logs. You can get the complete kernel log
for a boot with ``journalctl --no-hostname -k > dmesg.txt``. If the
issue occurred on a previous boot, use the journalctl ``-b`` flag.
system freezes before any logs are displayed on screen or saved in a writable filesystem. caplock key does not toggle indicator - showing kernel is totally dead.
5.2.6 also freezes. This is on a Pinebook 1080P. When I get a chance, I'll try on an rPi3.
5.2.6 works fine on rPi3, so it is likely a problem specific to pinebook.
The rawhide kernel 5.3.0-0.rc3.git0.1.fc31.aarch64 runs! So only the 5.2.x kernels are broken on pinebook.
kernel-5.2.7-200.fc30.aarch64 runs! So the problem has been fixed. I didn't see any documentation as to what the problem was specifically. I'll check out 5.2.8 before closing.
5.2.8 doesn't freeze either. So this has been fixed for 2 consecutive versions. I'll close it.