Bug 17390 - dracd btree problem.
Summary: dracd btree problem.
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: sendmail   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 6.0
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Florian La Roche
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: FutureFeature
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2000-09-10 00:11 UTC by dan
Modified: 2008-05-01 15:37 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Enhancement
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2000-09-10 00:11:54 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description dan 2000-09-10 00:11:53 UTC
I followed the instructions as per 
http://mail.cc.umanitoba.ca/drac/mta.html
However when all is said and done, the maillog repeatedly gets this:

sendmail[29453]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): Cannot open btree 
database /etc/mail/dracd.db: Invalid argument

Then end solution I came up with (and this causes no known bad side 
efects), is to upgrade to the sendmail rpms from RedHat 6.2

After I did that everything worked fine, of course upgrading a mail server 
requires some thought as to the /etc/aliases /etc/sendmail.cf 
and /etc/sendmail.cw files, the /etc/mail  files, as well as anything 
in /var/spool/mqueue and /var/spool/mail. However after turning smtp and 
pop services off, backing up those files, removing them, upgrading 
sendmail, going over the access, virtusertable, sendmail.cw files and 
copying queue and mailboxs back in place every went fine.
Whew...

I didn't take the time to see the differences (if any), in how the 6.0 and 
6.2 rpms were compiled, but sometimes (most of the time), it's easier to 
except that an upgrade fixes things. =)
However, I would speculate this is a btree problem.

Dan Cyr


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.