For the instance you shared, I see the filter is:
version: All Versions
but the goferd in the Content View is
This won't match the content view filter since the arch would have to be 'x86_64' to match, but it is 'noarch' (which is considered its own arch in this case) in the filter. This isn't new behavior, as far as I remember the filtering has worked this way. Though things could be improved to communicate this behavior
I think we could improve things in the UI. A few ideas I have are:
- Add the ability to filter all architectures
- Better autocomplete (only show the matching arch for packages matching the name)
- Have some indicator or message if the filter does/doesn't match a package in the repository
Hope this helps! Let me know if I am misunderstanding your concerns, but I don't think this is a blocker.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27738 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
The filters are working as intended as Neha has mentioned, so I don't think there is a bug or regression here. However, I have seen some confusion in this area from users and even experienced it myself trying to use the filters.
I made a pull request to propose adding a "Show Matching Content" button to the filter that will display the filter's matching content in the Content View, so one can see what content the filter will exclude or include before the Content View is published. This may help to clear up the confusion.
This BZ will update if the PR is accepted and merged
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27738 has been resolved.
Steps to test
1. Create custom product and custom repos (I used the animal repo)
2. Sync repo
3. Created content view and add the custom repo and publish
4. yum content -> Filters -> New Filters
5. Choose Content Type: Package, Inclusion Type can be "Include" or "Exclude" and save.
6. Add Rule and type in "Walrus" for RPM name and click save
7. Click "Show Matching Content"
After step 6, "show matching content" button should appear. On step 7, there should be a table that shows the matching RPM.
After step 6, "Show Matching Content" button appears. On step 7, a tale is brought up that show matching walrus RPM.
Tested on 6.7.0_07
Marking issue as verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.