Description of problem:
Setup rt in host which has i40e NIC drivers, rt host will crash.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install a rhel8 host. In my testing server, I have 2 XL710 NICs(i40e driver).
2. Install kernel-rt on rhel8 host
3. Reboot host twice, host kernel-rt will crash at the 2nd reboot.
RT host crash.
RT host should not crash.
1. This might be caused by i40e NIC driver. Testing on another server without i40e NIC driver, the rt host works well.
2. This is a regression bug:
kernel-rt-4.18.0-134.rt24.79.el8.x86_64 works well
It's only kernel-rt issue. 4.18.0-136.el8.x86_64 works well.
Verified with 4.18.0-137.rt24.83.el8.x86_64:
RT host works very well after several reboots, no any error any more.
So this bug has been fixed very well. Move to 'VERIFIED'.
*** Bug 1745474 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.