Bug 174516 - Bad: when calling ispell in vim
Bad: when calling ispell in vim
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: vim (Show other bugs)
3
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Karsten Hopp
David Lawrence
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2005-11-29 13:07 EST by Amrit Lal Ahuja
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:11 EST (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version: vim-6.4.007-2
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-05-08 07:38:06 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Amrit Lal Ahuja 2005-11-29 13:07:44 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041020

Description of problem:
When I open ispell within vim and check the spelling, the screen doesn't drag with  the word. The words one after another are highlighted one over another. It becomes completely messy. I don't know which word is it checking, what is the spelling, and where I have reached within the document. 

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
rpm-6.3.086-0.fc3.1

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Open any file in the vim editor
2. give the command=>   :!ispell %
3. what ever word is highlighted, continue. You will find after 2 or three words, things become completely messy.
  

Actual Results:  The screen gets fill within highlighted overlapped words, and it becomes difficult to distinguish, which word is in the process of spell check.

Expected Results:  Instead of all these clumsiness, whenever a highlighted word is passed, it should go in the normal mode and the next word should be highlighted at it's place and accordingly the screen should be dragged.

Additional info:

earlier I was using Mandrake 9.1, it was working fine.
Comment 1 Karsten Hopp 2006-05-08 07:38:06 EDT
I've tested this on a rawhide system with vim-6.4.007-2 and vim-7.0.000-1. Both
work just fine, so I'm assuming that this has been fixed in more recent versions.
If you have updated to FC5 in the meantime and still have these problems, please
reopen this report, change the version to FC5 and add some infos about your
setup, which terminal (gnome-terminal, xterm, KDE konsole) and the output of the
following commands:
echo $LANG
echo $TERM


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.