Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot guest with virtio-net device
Registration in NetSH (instllation):
1).cmd --> run as administrator
3).# rundll32 netkvmco.dll,RegisterNetKVMNetShHelper
3. netsh netkvm show parameters name
4. check "TesOnly.RXThrottle"
It shows "NumberOfHandledRXPackersInDPC"
Should be "NumberOfHandledRXPacketsInDPC"
it shows correct for win8+ guests
1. There was a typo in the parameter name shown to the user.
2. In general "TesOnly.X" parameters are not shown to the user and can only be set by changing registry directly. It was done in order not to confuse the users with debug settings. For some reason "TesOnly.RXThrottle" was kept in INF.
3. The fix removes "TesOnly.RXThrottle" from the GUI settings. It still can be set in the registry if needed.
4. The verification after the fix should test that the "TesOnly.RXThrottle" is not shown in the device manager after the driver is installed.
Verified on latest driver (virtio-win-prewhql-174)
Guest OS: win7-74, win8-32, win2016 and win2019
"TesOnly.RXThrottle" is not shown in the device manager and no "NumberOfHandledRXPackersInDPC" after typing "netsh netkvm show parameters name"
So this bug has been fixed , I will change it to verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.