Description of problem:
Escape backslashes added to value each time Ansible array variable is edited in Satellite 6.6 beta in web interface
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.6 public beta
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to Configure->Variables(Under Ansible Header)
- Click New Ansible Variable
- Name variable and assign to existing role
- Override, and set type to Array
- Set array value to ["test1","test2"]
- Click Submit
- Open variable for editing again, value is now: "[\"test1\",\"test2\"]"
- Don't change anything, click Submit
- Open variable for editing again, value is now: "\"[\\\"test1\\\",\\\"test2\\\"]\""
- Each time the variable is opened and Submit is clicked, this pattern is repeated and additional backslashes are added.
Backslashes are added to value each time variable is edited.
Value remains the same, without escape backslashes added
Connecting redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27445 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27445 has been resolved.
Moving to ON_QA as this is already in 6.7 snaps.
my customer is asking if it would be possible to also have a hotfix on top of 6.6 for them to proceed with their timeline: what do you think?
Thanks in advance,
I can't promise this will end up in 6.6.z, the target release(s) will be decided during regular triage sessions based on the capacity and priorities.
by the manual reproducer described in comment#0
>>> ansible variable array value remains ["test1","test2"] after successive edits
*** Bug 1785820 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.