Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 175156
Issue http 302 redirect request for ISO downloads
Last modified: 2014-03-30 21:38:39 EDT
I believe that this was implemented already somewhere in the Perl stack. I'd
like to just port/reuse/reactivate this code if necessary.
This support has been added in the perl code base. This modified such that
RHN::Downloads which had specific code to local(hosted) is now replaced with
rhn-tokengen rpm has the akamai specific tokengen.Which needs to be installed.
RHN::TokenGen::Generator acts as a switch whether to choose a Akamai
tokenGen(Akamai.pm) or local(phx/tampa)(Local.pm) based on the location name.
- The link for an iso in web ui will be pointing to akamai or local based on the
- When the client clicks for the iso (in the browser) and if the iso is
available with akamai we download it.
- else akamai will point to akamai_iso.pxt which basically redirect to hosted
(tampa/pxx) which ever datacenter we use to download the iso.
- akamai sends back the redirect url with some specific info such as path and
- the authentication of the path is done using a cleanser basically checking for
bperkins will be the QA contact for ISO/package redirect when (if?) it is
This bug has been closed due to inactivity. Please open a new bug with specific details if this problem is still occurring or if an enhancement is needed.