Created attachment 1615568 [details]
Overview shows key incorrectly as "CONSOLE-CONFIG.YAML"
Description of problem:
Case shown for config map and secrets keys on overview page is misleading.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create config map or secret with lowercase or mixed-case key name
2. View Overview page in console
The key name is shown in uppercase regardless of actual capitalization.
The display should use the actual case of the key.
Key names are often case-sensitive at the point of usage. If mapped as a filename or environmental variable, "file.properties" and "FILE.PROPERTIES" are quite different. Displaying the case accurately is less likely to lead to confusion or mistakes.
Fixed in 4.2 by https://github.com/openshift/console/pull/1465
1. Create secret and configmap with upper & lower case keys
$ oc get secret testsecret1 -n yapeitest1 -o yaml
$ oc get cm example -n yapeitest1 -o yaml
2. Go to secret/testsecret1 overview, check data, secret keys are shown with actual case
3. Go to configmap/example Overview, check data, config map keys are shown with actual case
Verified on 4.2.0-0.nightly-2019-09-16-175247
Created attachment 1615652 [details]
Created attachment 1615653 [details]
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.