Hey folks, any simple solution for this we can add to 1.5.0? Is this already
fixed in gaim2?
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #175575 +++
Description of problem:
gaim lets the user open jabber IM windows and talk to remote "users" that aren't
on the buddy list, giving no feedback reflecting the fact that the remote user
isn't getting any of the messages.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
(this is what I did, other ways most likely work)
1. get a google talk account
2. set up gaim to use it (and log in)
3. click 'IM' in gaim's main window
4. type in a username that is not in the buddy list
5. start talking to your new "buddy"
you talk to /dev/null
gaim notifies you in some way that your messages are going nowhere.
once you've added the person you were trying to talk to to your buddy list, your
messages go through.
This is fixed in pidgin.