Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 175623
Review Request: yaz - Z39.50/SRW/SRU programs
Last modified: 2014-03-25 07:56:18 EDT
Spec Name or Url: http://linux.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fe/yaz.spec
SRPM Name or Url: http://linux.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fe/yaz-2.1.10-1.src.rpm
YAZ is a programmersâ toolkit supporting the development of Z39.50/SRW/SRU clients and servers. Z39.50-2003 (version 3) as well as SRW/SRU version 1.1 are supported in both the client and server roles.
Build failed, devel x86_64
checking for working tcpd.h... no
configure: error: tcpd development libraries missing
Adding back my comment that was lost in the crash:
------- Additional Comments From firstname.lastname@example.org 2006-06-10 16:44 EST -------
icon, are you still interested in packaging this? I have to say, the
description is terribly non-descriptive. Even the upstream website doesn't
fother to say what Z39.50 is. Perhaps adding the following (cribbed from
wikipedia) would help a bit:
Z39.50 is a client server protocol for searching and retrieving information from
remote computer databases.
This does, however, properly build in mock (x86_64, development). If icon is
still interested and updates to the current version (2.1.20), I could go ahead
with a review of this.
BTW, this package has rpath problems on x86_64. This seems to be fixed by the
usual technique of addingg BR: libtool and then adding LIBTOOL=/usr/bin/libtool
on the make line. I have no idea if this breaks anything. There seems to be an
included test suite but no %check section in the spec.
Yep, I'm still alive. I'll take a look at it briefly.
* Tue Jun 20 2006 Konstantin Ryabitsev <email@example.com> - 2.1.22-1
- Version 2.1.22
- Libtoolize correctly
- BuildRequire libxslt
- BuildRequire tcp_wrappers
- Enable pth in configure
- Add %%check routine
Builds fine in mock (x86_64, development) and rpmlint is quiet.
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text included in package.
* source files match upstream:
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* package builds in mock (x86_64, development).
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
libyaz = 2.1.22-1.fc6
libyaz-devel = 2.1.22-1.fc6
libyaz = 2.1.22-1.fc6
yaz = 2.1.22-1.fc6
* shared libraries are present; ldconfig is called and unversioned .so files are
in the -devel package.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* %check is present and all tests pass:
All 21 tests passed
* scriptlets present and OK (ldconfig calls)
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* headers present in -devel package.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
This package has been in the repo for a couple of weeks now; any reason this bug
hasn't been closed?
Just lack of attention. :) Closing, thanks.
Please create EPEL branches:
Branches: EL-4, EL-5
Package Change Request
Package Name: yaz
New Branches: epel7
Git done (by process-git-requests).