Created attachment 1626882 [details]
Please find the image with reproducer
Description of problem:
Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.5 repo for RHEL 8 showing not selected on Red Hat Satellite
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite version 6.5, for RHEL 8 repository
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Login to Satellite UI >Content>Red Hat Repositories
2. Enable and Sync "Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.5 for RHEL 8 x86_64 (RPMs)"
3. After that still is showing available to enable/sync and is not grayed out as it is already added to sync.
Repository is not grayed out and showing available to enable/sync
Repository should be grayed out and should not show available to enable
I am able to reproduce the same on Satellite 6.6 with "Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64 (RPMs)". When clicking the + for the x86_64 repository (left panel), it does enable it and add to the right panel.
- The + does not become a spinner when being enabled.
- The x86_64 entry remains in the left panel
- Only observed this behavior for the RHEL 8 tools; therefore, there may be something different in the metadata).
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/28489 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/28489 has been resolved.
@Satellite 6.7.0 snap 7.0
- After enable the 'Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.5 for RHEL 8 x86_64 (RPMs)' or 'Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64 (RPMs)' repos no entry remains in the left panel
- However after disable the same repo(in right panel) the entry does not come back in the left panel(Only observed this behavior for the RHEL 8 tools).
Actually i can reproduce this behavior on other repo sets, i saw it on both of these content labels:
but i think its worth fixing as part of this bug
Disabling a repository is an async task that may have to 'wait' if other stuff is going on in pulp (repo syncings, other repos enabling, etc..) Are you able to reproduce this 2-3 minute delay every time?
Justin, It's same(2-5 minutes delay) at every time when disable repo.
It appears the second fix didn't land. Moving this back to POST and clearing the fields to ensure we get the entire fix in
Can you link to a reproducer for that 2 minute repo disablement?
@Satellite 6.7.0 snap 11.0
1) After enable the 'Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.5 for RHEL 8 x86_64 (RPMs)' or 'Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64 (RPMs)' repos no entry remains in the left panel
2) After disable the same repo(in right panel) the entry does come back in the left panel.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.