Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 176779
Default bullets use non-installed StarSymbol font
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:20 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Fedora/1.0.7-1.1.fc4 Firefox/1.0.7
Description of problem:
OOo Writer appears to be configured to use StarSymbol characters as the default Bullet Characters. However FC4 does not include the StarSymbol font, and therefore the default bullet characters are ugly and inconsistent. For example, on a number of systems I have noted that the Level 1 bullet character appears to be too large, while the Level 2 bullet character isn't properly mapped to any replacement character and therefore defaults to a rectangle.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new OOo Writer document
2. Create bullet list of various levels
3. Place the cursor at the start of the first character
4. Press a back arrow that then selects only the bullet character
5. The StarSymbol font will be shown as the font, however it is not a font supplied with FC4.
Actual Results: Ugly and inconsistent bullet characters.
Expected Results: Good looking and consistent bullet characters to match quality found in MS Office products.
tracked the problem down and logged upstream, tracking there now.