Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 177021
mouse pointer disappears after screen saver started
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:20 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de-DE; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Fedora/1.0.7-1.1.fc4 Firefox/1.0.7
Description of problem:
In VNC full screen mode, the mouse pointer is gone after the screen saver started. It will only reappear after the X-Server terminates.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use the screen saver "Blank Screen Only", set blanking time to 1 minute (not required, but easier to reproduce this way)
2. use vncclient to connect to a remote vnc server
3. switch to full screen mode (F8)
4. wait untill the screen saver started
5. move the mouse to disable the screen saver
Actual Results: No mouse pointer is visible any more. Right click still works but no left clicks. It is not possible to leave the VNC full screen mode.
Expected Results: Mouse pointer should work normally. Left clicks should work.
The mouse pointer reappears if I kill the X-Server (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace) and log in again. Unplugging and replugging the mouse (USB) does not help. When I switch to the console (Ctrl+Alt+F1), GPM still lets me use the mouse.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 106552 ***