Actions::Katello::Host::Update is one the most used actions in the foreman tasks/dynflow queue.
An example of a user who had 700,000 tasks in their task history saw this rough breakdown
we need to investigate moving this to be handled directly by the main Rails application and not require the overhead of task creation, monitoring and eventual database cleanup.
Connecting redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/28317 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/28317 has been resolved.
Hotfix is available for Satellite 6.6.1. To install the hotfix:
1. Download attached tfm-rubygem-katello-18.104.22.168-2.HOTFIXRHBZ1771719.el7sat.noarch.rpm
2. # foreman-maintain packages unlock
3. # yum install tfm-rubygem-katello-22.214.171.124-2.HOTFIXRHBZ1771719.el7sat.noarch.rpm
4. # foreman-maintain packages lock
5. # systemctl restart dynflowd httpd
Created attachment 1651075 [details]
hotfix RPM for Satellite 6.6.1
So to test this
1. Register a host
2. ```subscription-manager facts --update```. This should trigger host update actions. May be you can change some fact like dmi.uuid mutiple times and run the same call and verify that the host facts were updated.
3. Updating the content view/release version for host as a host bulk action should also trigger this,
4. You can do Monitor -> Tasks and look for Actions::Katello::Host::Update and not find any since the time you triggered sub man facts update.
Created attachment 1654422 [details]
UPDATED hotfix for Satellite 6.6.1
This is an updated hotfix for Satellite 6.6.1. The difference is that this hotfix also includes https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2020:0095
The installation instructions are the same.
Is the same Hotfix applicable for Version 6.6.2
Neha, no need to hotfix 6.6.2, that errata includes this fix, see the zstream cloned bug:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.