Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 178115
gdm crashes after adding user to face browser include list
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:21 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060103 Fedora/1.5-4 Firefox/1.5
Description of problem:
gdm crashes after adding user to face browser include list. See steps to reproduce.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upgrade gdm to gdm-184.108.40.206-4
3. logon as root ok, except kde session instead of default gnome session came up.
3. using menu, modify gdm (btw, I really like the new gdmsetup gui) to use plain
with face browser.
5. new greeter comes up, select gnome session, logon as root. All ok.
6. using menu, modify gdm to enable logging, allow tcp forwarding. Logoff
7. logon as root, all ok.
8. using menu, modify gdm to add user kunkelc for face browser. Logoff
9. problem starts now, gdm tries 6 times, then quits for 2 minutes. Use time to
logon as root and delete user kunkelc from gdm.conf-custom. Reboot
10. can now logon again without gdm probs
Actual Results: See steps to reproduce
Expected Results: Should be able to add user(s) to face browser list and gdm should start normally.
What gdm theme are you using?
Can you attach your /etc/X11/gdm/custom.conf file?
Created attachment 123807 [details]
Theme selected is: plain with face browser
Not sure why this is still needinfo reporter, responded in #2. Did I forget to
check something? Anyway, after the latest (maybe latest 2) gdm updates, I
tested adding myself as a user for face browsing and now it works. Tried on two
systems, both rawhide up-to-date, one a clean FC5T2 updated with rawhide. Would
like to keep open thru FC5T3, if that is ok.