Description of problem:
Ldap refresh may fail with the following error when trying to add a user to a usergroups and the id of the user is conflicting with the a nested usergroup id.
Validation failed: Adding would cause a cycle!
/opt/theforeman/tfm-ror52/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-5.2.1/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:426:in `block in make_lambda'
/opt/theforeman/tfm-ror52/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-5.2.1/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:198:in `block (2 levels) in halting'
/opt/theforeman/tfm-ror52/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-5.2.1/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:606:in `block (2 levels) in default_terminator'
Due to this error, user can't login to the Satellite using his/her Ldap account because Satellite will attempt to sync the users and groups after authenticating the user.
The issue can be reproduced with just the internal authentication. The following steps assume that you have a freshly installed Satellite 6.6.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In the web ui -> Administer -> User Groups. Create 4 user groups. We expecting the id of the groups are 1,2,3 and 4.
2. Make the Id of the default "Admin User" is 4.
3. In this case, id of the "Admin User" and group4 are conflict.
4. Add group1 as sub-group for group3.
5. Add group3 as sub-group for group4.
6. Add the default "Admin user" to group3 and submit.
Adding would cause a cycle!
Should be able to add the user to group3.
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/28514 has been resolved.
Version Tested: Satellite-6.8.0 Snap 5.0
1. Login web UI-> Administer -> User Groups
2. Create 4 user groups(IDs: 1,2,3,4). Also ID of Admin User is 4.
3.1 Add group1 as sub-group for group3.
3.2 Add group3 as sub-group for group4.
3.3 Add the default "Admin user" to group3 and submit.
Admin user was added to group3.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Important: Satellite 6.8 release), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.