Description of problem:
Anaconda to enable multipath configuration
Necessary feature would be: (assuming dm-multipath)
- Discovering multipath (e.g. by using scsi_id)
and present it as a dm-multipath device
(Underlying devices may be hidden or shaddowed to disallow operation.)
- UI to manually configure/deconfigure a multipath device
(Manual configuration may be needed in case there is
only a single path at installation time and extended after
installation. Deconfiguration may be necessary to undo it.)
- Present partitions on the multipath device (e.g. by using kpartx)
- UI to edit partitions on the multipath device
(transparent to normal device)
- mkinitrd support for multipath root volume
- Properly handling combination with other dm devices (LVM2, dmraid)
(IMO, they are stacked as LVM2, md, dmraid, multipath
from top to bottom. I'm not sure there is a device which
has both multipath capability and dmraid support)
There was a request for RHEL4 which was not accepted as of U3.
I'm opening this for FC5/FC6, hoping the support in RHEL5.
Here here! I'm trying to do a boot-from-SAN install proof-of-concept and the
installer is cripped in this respect - even a driver disk we could use with the
multipath personality on it would be a good solution for now.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 185852 ***