Description of problem:
The disk bus of CD-ROMs at the Virtual Hardware tab should be checked if it's valid or recommended - like the disks at the Storage tab.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open openshift web console : Go to the 'workloads' -> 'Virtual Machines' -> 'Create Virtual Machine'
2. Choose a Windows OS and a source of 'container' or 'URL', the other fields aren't important. ( Don't use a user template )
3. Go to the Virtual Storage Tab
4. Add a cd-rom
5. In the interface dropdown you should have 2 options: VirtIO and sata.
- There should be an interface column at the Virtual Storage tab
- The sata choice should be marked as 'not recommended' but can be chosen.
- If sata was chosen a warning message should appear under the Dropdown in the modal.
- If the user saved the changes at the modal along with the sata choice, a warning message should appear below the sata label in the Interface column.
NOTE: this bug is not for windows templates, virtIO and sata specific but a general one. I used those specific names to explain the problem as this is the only way to reproduce the bug without creating a user template with custom validations.
Thus, the fix should be general and not Windows,VirtIO and sata specific.
verified on 4.4.0-0.nightly-2020-02-22-102956
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.