Description of problem:
After configuring the VMWare Compute resource, we got ISE when accessing the Virtual Machines tab
There was an error listing VMs: 500 Internal Server Error
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Creating a new Compute Resource
2. After saving, trying to access the Virtual Machines tab
See the VM's
Note. The information on Images and Compute profiles are working as expected binding information from vCenter.
Created attachment 1666985 [details]
Created attachment 1666986 [details]
Screenshot showing the MR works:
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/29263 from this bug
*** Bug 1678990 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
@ Satellite 6.7 snap 15
1. Create VMWare CR in Redhat.
2. List all the VMs of VMWare CR from 'Virtual Machine' tab.
All the VMs are listed from VMWare without an ISE.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
A HOTFIX is available to resolve this issue on Satellite 6.6.3. Please see the instructions below to obtain the hotfix:
1. Open a support case with Red Hat Technical Support to be provided with the RPM, since the file is too large to be uploaded as a Bugzilla attachment
2. Make a backup or snapshot of Satellite server
3. Copy the RPM to Satellite server
4. # yum install ./foreman-220.127.116.11-3.HOTFIXRHBZ1804661.el7sat.noarch.rpm --disableplugin=foreman-protector
5. # systemctl restart httpd
Addendum to previous hotfix installation instructions. When installing the foreman package with yum, you would see errors about missing dependencies (these are defined in the RPM metadata but not actually needed for this particular hotfix as they contain no changes from the base package version).
Therefore please substitute for step #4:
4. rpm -Uvh ./foreman-18.104.22.168-3.HOTFIXRHBZ1804661.el7sat.noarch.rpm --nodeps