1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] Provide mechanism to navigate to Errata when starting from package
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
If you navigate "Content" -> "Errata" and examine a specific errata, you will see a "Packages" tab listing all the packages making up that errata.
However, if you start from a package ("Content" -> "Package" -> specific package) - there is no link or mention of the errata that provides the package
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Many times, an effort begins with a need to update a specific RPM (example: Notification from a security scanner that a specific version is vulnerable). However, when updating it, there's many times a need to determine the errata that provides the fix.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Either an "Errata" Tab on the package that has the errata, or just a link to the errata page in the satellite on the Package's "Details" tab.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Able to determine, and navigate to errata, when starting from a package
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
I have not found one. It really seems like something that would've been asked before though
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Help me understand this request to see what errata deliver a package,or those errata which fix and replace a package?
This request was not determine which errata resolves a vulnerable RPM.
The request was to identify which errata provided a specific version of the package.