Description of problem:
- Packages are missing from CCV when component CVs contain same repositories with include filters for some packages.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Satellite 6.6
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create two CVs
- Add the same repository to both the CVs
- Create a filter for including one package in the CV1 and publish the CV
- Similarly, create a filter for a different package in CV2 and publish it as well
- The results depend on the way in which the CCV published after adding the content_views
- If CV1 is added to the CCV and published before CV2 is added, only included packages from CV1 is available in CCV
- Similarly, if CV2 is added and CCV is published before CV1 is added, only included packages from CV2 is available in the CCV
- If both are added together and CCV is published, none of the packages are available in the CCV
- All the included packages from both the CV should be available on the CCV
Tested the scenarios in 6.7, and all repositories appeared in the composite view, regardless of the order in which the content views were added.
I'll back track between the 2 releases and triangulate where the issue was fixed.
I attempted to reproduce this scenario on a sat 6.6 install, and was unable to. Is there more context to this issue?
Information like which repository, filters used, etc would be helpful. Thanks!
Is it possible to get access to a reproducer for this issue. I'm not able to reproduce this condition with my local attempts.
Looked at the repodata and the published metadata (unzipped the filelist.xml.gz) for the CCV show no packages:
<filelists xmlns="http://linux.duke.edu/metadata/filelists" packages="0"></filelists>
Still investigating the cause.
After checking the published metadata and comparing to a known katello issue re yum distributors, a fix has been identified.
Upgrading to Satellite 6.6.3 (with tfm-rubygem-katello-18.104.22.168-1.el7sat.noarch, etc is available) should resolve this issue. After the upgrade the CVs should be republished for the packages to appear as available to the content host.
See also: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1814426