From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050524 Fedora/1.0.4-4 Firefox/1.0.4
Description of problem:
booted up, this line was showned as belowed:
* Network... initialization... and hung up.
If I restarted from Windows and then restarted to FC4 and then Network-Initialization could not gone over.
- in my computer, window Xp sp2 was installed, also FC4 was installed.
- if i turn the power off, and turn the power on again, every things is ok.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start computer to Windows.
2. Restart computer from start menu in windows.
3. Choose Fc4
4. Computer was hang up at * Network initialization
5. Turn the power off.
6. Turn the power on.
7. Choose FC4
8. Everythings is OK.
ps: computer is Laptop NEC, versaProR model.
Generally, hanging at that point indicates a kernel problem in the drivers or
pci/acpi stack. Assigning there.
Please try booting with "acpi=off" appended to the kernel command line. Does
this make a difference?
After a successful boot (power cycle if necessary), please attach the output
of running "sysreport"...thanks!
Closed due to lack of response. Please reopen when the requested information