Description of problem:
If you install GIMP in Fedora 31 (this doesn't change the default image viewer, so all pictures are by default still opened with "Image Viewer" - eog), and then upgrade to Fedora 32, the default image viewer changes to GIMP. So all pictures (png, jpg) that you click on in Nautilus get opened by GIMP. You have to go to gnome-control-center -> Default applications and change the default application back to Image Viewer, or you need to change the default association for each affected file type (mime type) using Nautilus' "Open With" dialog.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install a clean F31 (or use some existing one where you haven't modified the default image viewer)
2. install GIMP (due to modularity issues still being unresolved during system upgrade, this is easier to do with "dnf install gimp --disablerepo=\*-modular")
3. open gnome-control-center -> Default applications and check that Image Viewer is still the selected option for "Photos"
4. check that .jpg and .png files open with Image Viewer (eog), when double clicked from Nautilus
5. upgrade to Fedora 32
6. see that .jpg and .png files are opened by GIMP when double clicked from Nautilus
7. open gnome-control-center -> Default applications and see that GIMP is the selected option for "Photos"
upgrade changes the default image viewer application to GIMP
upgrade doesn't change the default image viewer application
Created attachment 1668014 [details]
default applications in F31 (before upgrade)
Created attachment 1668015 [details]
default applications in F32 (after upgrade)
I don't think this can be a release blocker, but GIMP is likely installed on many many Fedora systems, so this is likely to affect a large portion of our user base. Not everyone will know how to change the defaults back to Image Viewer. Marking as CommonBugs and also proposing as a PrioritizedBug. It would be very helpful to have this fixed before Fedora 32 public release.
Reported downstream here:
This was shared-mime-info needing an update after eog desktop file rename during the 3.35 development cycle. hadess fixed it in shared-mime-info-1.15-3.fc32
FEDORA-2020-33fe031ad8 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 32. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-33fe031ad8
Proposing as a F32 Beta Freeze Exception for some additional polish.
shared-mime-info-1.15-3.fc32 has been pushed to the Fedora 32 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-33fe031ad8
I can confirm the new package fixes the problem and EOG is still the default image viewer even after upgrade.
I got *wine* as my new default image viewer. erp.
Discussed during the 2020-03-09 blocker review meeting: 
The decision to classify this bug as an "AcceptedFreezeException" was made as it is a noticeable issue that cannot be fixed with an update.
shared-mime-info-1.15-3.fc32 has been pushed to the Fedora 32 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
dropping commonbugs nomination as this got fixed.