Bug 182240 - MySQL support missing in dovecot on x86_64
MySQL support missing in dovecot on x86_64
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
Classification: Red Hat
Component: dovecot (Show other bugs)
4.0
x86_64 Linux
medium Severity high
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Petr Rockai
:
Depends On:
Blocks: 181409 181448
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-02-21 05:56 EST by Matthias Saou
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:07 EST (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: RHBA-2006-0439
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-08-10 17:37:20 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Matthias Saou 2006-02-21 05:56:27 EST
It seems like dovecot's configure script doesn't detect the MySQL libraries
when they're in /usr/lib64, so the current (0.99.11-2.EL4.1) RHEL4 dovecot
package has MySQL support properly built-in on i386, but missing on x86_64.

A quick workaround would be adding this before %configure :
export CFLAGS="%{optflags} `mysql_config --libs` -fPIC"

Please note I've just checked, and this is also true in FC development
(1.0-0.beta2.4.1).
Comment 1 Matthias Saou 2006-02-21 06:01:02 EST
Following my attempts to get dovecot with MySQL running, I also noticed that
the example LDAP and SQL configurations referenced in the docs are missing
from the package. This should be added to %files :

%doc doc/*.conf

The files are :
doc/dovecot-ldap.conf
doc/dovecot-sql.conf
Comment 2 Petr Rockai 2006-03-01 11:58:20 EST
Fixed both issues in rawhide. 
Comment 4 Paul Howarth 2006-03-03 07:37:21 EST
Looking at the patch that fixes this, I noticed in the sqlite library detection
part of configure (which says it's stolen from the mysql code above), the sqlite
headers and libraries are found but then the variables that are set are
MYSQL_INCLUDE and MYSQL_LIBDIR rather than SQLITE_INCLUDE and SQLITE_LIBDIR.
Looks wrong to me!

This is also now the only patch that affects autotools input files. Why not edit
configure directly and skip running the autotools altogether?
Comment 5 Petr Rockai 2006-03-03 07:43:47 EST
> This is also now the only patch that affects autotools input files.  
> Why not edit configure directly and skip running the autotools  
> altogether?  
Why yes? 
 
For the other issue, it indeed looks wrong, i'll check it. 
Comment 6 Matthias Saou 2006-03-09 04:46:28 EST
Indeed, the MYSQL_LIBDIR setting for sqlite seems wrong, but that's an upstream
mistake apparently.

Thanks for the fix that will go in FC5.

But now, would it be possible to also add a similar patch to the RHEL4 package?
This is really a nasty bug, since the i386 and x86_64 packages end up having
different functionnalities.
Comment 7 Petr Rockai 2006-03-17 05:51:48 EST
Fixed also the sqlite detection, will go into next release. When some more 
issues collect for fc5, will release an update.
Comment 9 Petr Rockai 2006-04-05 02:48:11 EDT
Adding devel ACK, see comment #8.
Comment 11 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams 2006-04-13 06:20:20 EDT
This has been fixed upstream in 1.0beta6.
Comment 15 Red Hat Bugzilla 2006-08-10 17:37:21 EDT
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2006-0439.html

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.