Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 182267
drop static libs, cleanup xmms-config --libs output
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:24 EST
Subject says it all
Created attachment 124957 [details]
Created attachment 124958 [details]
drop gtk libs from `xmms-config --libs` output
What is the reason for dropping gtk libs from the --libs output? If it's a
valid one, you'll probably also want to remove the gtk+-devel requirement
from xmms-devel, right?
> What is the reason for dropping gtk libs from the --libs output?
Because they're extraneous and not needed? (-:
(At least as long as static libs are dropped)
xmms's headers contain
so I don't think droping -devel's Req: gtk+-devel is doable.
Hmmm, but if xmms' headers contain that, isn't it required to link against the
gtk+ libs, thus use the --libs output?
No. libxmms.so.1 is (should-be) self-contained (ie, include no unresolved symbols).
ldd -r /usr/lib/libxmms.so.1
will show it already linked against those other libs.
BTW, I think your spec file patch was against the FC-4 package as I had already
removed the static lib during my last changes, and included a Patch12 to fix
* Mon Feb 13 2006 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 1:1.2.10-20
- Spec file cleanup.
- Include crossfade 0.3.9 patch.
- Remove very old x11amp obsoletes.
- Exclude static libraries, update devel summary and description for it.
- List all plugins directories in order to be aware of breakage if the
libtool problem ever happens again.
- Fix post/postun scriplets.
- Remove xmms_logo.xpm and xmms_mini.xpm, they should be unused.
- Add libXt-devel to fullfill the "checking for X..." configure check.
- Add gettext-devel to make more configure checks happy.
Anyway, I'll include the other patch now.
The new package has been in Extras development for a while now. I'll probably
backport to FC4 soon after FC5 gets released, once it'll have gotten better