Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 182339
A variety of branding issues
Last modified: 2014-03-16 22:58:23 EDT
A summary of issues:
1) still ships old "Bluecurve" themes for gdm & kdm, with the wrong logos
2) KDE splashes are not updated with the correct logos
3) there is no KDM FedoraBubbles theme
1) and 3) probably require updating redhat-artwork.
3) requires updating kdebase to point it at the new theme
I'm wondering if we want a symlink for theme called 'system' that we point gdm &
kdm at, and then fedora-logos can point /usr/share/themes/gdm/system ->
FedoraBubbles, or whatever's next.
Shouldn't you file 2) and 3) against kde ?
Regarding 1), do you think we should not ship the old Bluecurve login screen at
all, or should we just rename it in the ui to make it clear that it is the old
2) and 3) can't be fixed until the images are in fedora-logos to use.
As for 1), I'd wonder:
- will just removing it break old configurations in any way, or will they fall
- should we just update the old config so it's the same, but with the new logo?
Ray tells me all branded images in use by rhgb and gdm are in fedora-logos,
possibly under different names than before, so maybe kdm just needs to be updated
to use the new names ?
Regarding the Bluecurve login screen, we left all the other Bluecurve theming in
place (icon theme, gtk theme, etc), so we could just update the logo, if that
is considered the right thing. We should also rename it in gdmsetup, where it is
still called "The default Red Hat login screen" or similar.
I believe the kdm/gdm themes are in redhat-artwork, with links to fedora-logos
for the branded images. So, that would need fixed there - should I clone the bug?
Created attachment 125321 [details]
fixes in fedora-logos-1.1.42-1 and