Description of problem:
SystemTap uses elfutils to find the kernel information. The current set of paths
searched works fine for stock RPMs installed:
- systemtap looks for the debug info in these locations:
However, for locally built custombuild kernels elfutils should also check in
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Build kernel locally, e.g. make
2. Install kernel, "make modules_install install"
3. Boot locally built kernel
4. Uses systemtap to attempt to place probe in kernel
systemtap can't find vmlinux file
systemtap finds vmlinux and instruments kernel
Created attachment 131219 [details]
add /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/vmlinux to places to check
The right fix is for systemtap to use more customized interfaces.