Description of problem:
The requirements for hybrid networking has changed and it is no longer supported to start a hybrid network on a running cluster. Currently trying to patch the CNO to enable a hybrid network succeeds and it should fail.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Deploy an openshift cluster with OVNKubernetes
2. patch the CNO to enable a hybrid network
3. the patch operation succeeds
The patch operation is allowed to happen
The patch operation should fail
Patch the CNO so the operator config looks like this
- cidr: 10.128.0.0/14 <- must be the cluster network CIDR
- 172.30.0.0/16 <- must be the service network CIDR
- cidr: 10.132.0.0/14 <- must not overlap cluster or service cidr
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.