+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1832927 +++
Description of problem:
A dropdown component should be rendered for fields with 'select' descriptors defined. Instead, a standard text field is being rendered.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new project named 'test'
2. Create csv and crd from provided json attachments (oc create -f crd.json,csv.json)
3. Navigate to Operators. > Installed Operators
4. Select "Mock Select Operator" from the list of installed operators
5. On the details page, under Provided APIs, click "Create Instance" in the Mock Select Resource card.
6. Click "Edit Form" in the top right
7. Look for the "Descriptor Generated Select" field
The field is a standard text input
The field is a dropdown with options "DEBUG", "INFO", "WARN", "ERROR", and "FATAL"
This bug has already been resolved in 4.5 and is only being created so that a fix can be backported to 4.4.z
--- Additional comment from Jon Jackson on 2020-05-07 10:02:40 EDT ---
--- Additional comment from Jon Jackson on 2020-05-07 10:04:18 EDT ---
Resolved in 4.5 by https://github.com/openshift/console/pull/4944
Created attachment 1686192 [details]
mock CSV with select descriptor
oc new-project test
oc create -f csv.json
Created attachment 1686193 [details]
Mock.CRD with 'select' schema property
oc create -f crd.json
PR is open, waiting for 4.5 fix to be verified.
Created attachment 1689726 [details]
Attached the screenshot, this could be Verified.
Checked on 4.4.0-0.nightly-2020-05-18-014003
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.