Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 183450
Error activating XKB configuration
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:25 EST
Description of problem:
Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation
X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open GNOME Keyboard Preferences (system, Preferences, Keyboard)
2. Click on Layout Options
3. Click on Control Key location
4. Click any option other than Default.
$ xprop -root | grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xorg", "pc105", "us", "", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xorg", "pc105", "us", "", ""
$ gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
layouts = [us]
model = pc105
overrideSettings = false
options = 
Reassigning to gnome-applets.
Info for gnome-applets maintainer, is that xorg-x11-xkbdata-1.0.1-5 contains
xkeyboard-config instead of X.Org xkbdata, and it is built with compat
layouts enabled. It is version 0.7, however the author will be releasing
0.8 soon which we'll be updating to.
Hope this helps.
seems fixed in rawhide.