Bug 1836763 - Legends swapped in data consumption card for providers->logical vs physical usage
Summary: Legends swapped in data consumption card for providers->logical vs physical u...
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Alias: None
Product: OpenShift Container Platform
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Console Storage Plugin
Version: 4.5
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
urgent
high
Target Milestone: ---
: 4.5.0
Assignee: Ankush Behl
QA Contact: Raz Tamir
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks: 1837550
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2020-05-18 05:32 UTC by afrahman
Modified: 2020-07-13 17:39 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2020-07-13 17:39:31 UTC
Target Upstream Version:


Attachments (Terms of Use)
Logical vs Physical usage (94.28 KB, image/png)
2020-05-19 16:00 UTC, Ankush Behl
no flags Details


Links
System ID Private Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Github openshift console pull 5469 0 None closed Bug 1836763: Fixed legends on data consumption card 2020-06-24 03:01:54 UTC
Red Hat Product Errata RHBA-2020:2409 0 None None None 2020-07-13 17:39:51 UTC

Description afrahman 2020-05-18 05:32:14 UTC
Description of problem:
Legends swapped in data consumption card for providers->logical vs physical usage

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
4.5

How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to object service dashboard
2. Check logical vs physical usage on data consumption chart by providers


Actual results:
The total logical usage and total physical usage legends are reporting correct capacities but swapped

Expected results:
The legends should map to correct names

Additional info:

Comment 4 afrahman 2020-05-19 15:31:13 UTC
I changed the severity to high, since there is no workaround for this and this shows incorrect data.

Comment 5 Ankush Behl 2020-05-19 16:00:01 UTC
Created attachment 1689930 [details]
Logical vs Physical usage

I verified the bug & it shows the correct legends now.

Comment 6 Scott Dodson 2020-05-20 18:25:27 UTC
(In reply to afrahman from comment #4)
> I changed the severity to high, since there is no workaround for this and
> this shows incorrect data.

Lack of a workaround alone is not sufficient justification for bumping this to high. There's 70 other changes waiting in the queue, many of which affect cluster availability. This seems like a very minor cosmetic issue.

Comment 7 afrahman 2020-05-20 20:26:36 UTC
(In reply to Scott Dodson from comment #6)
> (In reply to afrahman from comment #4)
> > I changed the severity to high, since there is no workaround for this and
> > this shows incorrect data.
> 
> Lack of a workaround alone is not sufficient justification for bumping this
> to high. There's 70 other changes waiting in the queue, many of which affect
> cluster availability. This seems like a very minor cosmetic issue.

Might be my miss in explaining this properly but a user wont see the correct stats on chart.
When he want to see the logical usage, he would actually see physical usage and vice versa.
Other parts of dashboard also report the logical usage and this could confuse user in identifying the actual logical space he is having currently.

Comment 9 errata-xmlrpc 2020-07-13 17:39:31 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2020:2409


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.