Description of problem:
- If you set 'Auto-Attach' to 'Disabled' in the WebUI the change will get immediately reflected to CLI (subscription-manager) as well.
- However this doesn't work the other way around. If you change 'Auto-Attach' using CLI (subscription-manager) the change will NOT get reflected in WebUI.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Satellite 6.7
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use subscription-manager to disable auto-attach:
# subscription-manager auto-attach --disable && subscription-manager refresh
2. Check auto-attach preference in WebUI:
- WebUI --> Hosts --> Content Hosts --> <host> --> Subscriptions tab
- Auto-Attach: Yes
- Auto-Attach: No
This issue also appears to affect Satellite 6.5.3-1, judging from the screenshot in Salesforce case 02720528.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/33285 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/33285 has been resolved.
testing on snap 21 of Sat6.10
Fixed in version has tfm-rubygem-katello-18.104.22.168-1
[root@dhcp-sat610 ~]# rpm -q tfm-rubygem-katello
[root@dhcp-sat610 ~]# rpm -q satellite
I have registered a RHEL85 host
In the web UI I see:
[root@dhcp-sat610 ~]# hammer host info --name dhcp-rhel85.<redacted>.redhat.com --fields "Subscription Information/Autoheal"
On the Content Host:
root@dhcp-rhel85 ~]# subscription-manager auto-attach --show
Auto-attach preference: enabled
[root@dhcp-rhel85 ~]# # Check web UI: Auto-Attach Yes
[root@dhcp-rhel85 ~]# subscription-manager auto-attach --disable
Auto-attach preference: disabled
[root@dhcp-rhel85 ~]# # Reload web UI, it changes to Auto-Attach No
So it works as expected, but you do have to reload the web UI to see the change.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: Satellite 6.10 Release), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.