Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 184251
K3b not able to erase CD-RW disk
Last modified: 2008-03-10 21:12:57 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20060210 Fedora/188.8.131.52-3 Firefox/184.108.40.206
Description of problem:
K3b is not able to erase CD-RW disk. This problem was also present in FC5t2.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
2.Select Tools/Erase CD-RW
Actual Results: There comes a Erasing Failed dialog saying "The Erasing process failed. Do you want to see the debugging output?"
Expected Results: CD Should be erased succesfully.
I have disabled SELinux. This problem appears with both quick and complete format.
Same problem seems to be also present in FC5test2 (HW Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A1667G-20).
All CD-RW disks I tried to erase with K3b were succesfully erased when using Nero.
Created attachment 125764 [details]
K3b error log when complete erase mode was selected
Created attachment 125765 [details]
K3b error log from my FC5t2 laptop
It seems another application is using the device.
Could you find that out by using lsof and fuser?
# fuser -a /dev/hdc
would e.g. output
then find out what process number 2702 is.
Unfortunately I do not get any pid output from the fuser -a /dev/hdc (executed
as root, with root env) neither before erasing nor during erasing attempt or
after it. I just get
[root@fc5AMD64 ~]# fuser -a /dev/hdc
I do not know if this helps any, but I'll attach lsof output with the process
information (ps -Alf) to this report. (taken during k3b trying to erase CD-RW).
Anything else I could do to help?
Created attachment 125836 [details]
lsof output with ps -Alf output
Created attachment 132134 [details]
Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Core 6 are, as we're sure you've noticed, no longer
test releases. We're cleaning up the bug database and making sure important bug
reports filed against these test releases don't get lost. It would be helpful if
you could test this issue with a released version of Fedora or with the latest
development / test release. Thanks for your help and for your patience.
[This is a bulk message for all open FC5/FC6 test release bugs. I'm adding
myself to the CC list for each bug, so I'll see any comments you make after this
and do my best to make sure every issue gets proper attention.]
The information we've requested above is required in order
to review this problem report further and diagnose/fix the
issue if it is still present. Since there have not been any
updates to the report since thirty (30) days or more since we
requested additional information, we're assuming the problem
is either no longer present in the current Fedora release, or
that there is no longer any interest in tracking the problem.
Setting status to "INSUFFICIENT_DATA". If you still
experience this problem after updating to our latest Fedora
release and can provide the information previously requested,
please feel free to reopen the bug report.
Thank you in advance.