Description of problem:
When the ovirt installer creates a template it first creates a temporary VM which is used to create the template. The temporary VM is created with no ovirt tag on it, and therefor it will not be removed on cluster destroy
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run the installer with no template override.
2. Run `openshift-install destroy cluster`
3. Look at the engine VMs and see that the top VM is still there.
- tmp VM is not removed if present on cluster destroy.
- tmp VM should be removed if present on cluster destroy.
*** Bug 1805599 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
due to capacity constraints we will be revisiting this bug in the upcoming sprint
This bug is about cluster destroy, moving to MODIFIED.
1. # openshift-install create cluster --log-level=debug --dir=resources
2. # openshift-install destroy cluster --dir=resources
3. check on engine UI if tmp vm is there (Compute -> Virtual Machines)
tmp vm deleted
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 GA Images), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.