Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 184395
pup updates failed with exception No such file or directory
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:26 EST
Description of problem:
pup exception shown No such file or directory
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
twice, but after reboot now it seems OK.
Steps to Reproduce:
completion or nice failure message.
- May have been while mirrors where getting populated with updates !
- After reboot, firefox wont work from gnome icon (starting web browser for ten
seconds then nothing).
- firefox at terminal returns near immediately with no error message.
- rpm -q firefox shows it isn't installed
- rpm -q yum shows it isn't installed either
(is this likely to occur when pup burns ?)
- /var/log/ does not show any activity with firefox / yum
- It may have been a run where I tested suspend with freecell open, and then
turned the machine on later for resume. The network was up in ifconfig, but no
packets passing. Network icon disable/enable made it work again.
Created attachment 125804 [details]
exception state log
Created attachment 125805 [details]
second run that had the same exception
It looks like your mirror isn't fully populated and you're using a file:/ path.
Having repodata updated before everything else is generally a bad idea -- I'd
recommend looking into the --delay-updates and --delete-after flags to rsync to
help avoid things like this.
I'll try to put some more error checking into pirut for this case post-FC5, but
it's a bit pathological :)
Closing as not an error. Refile as an RFE for more pathological error checking