Description of problem: Satellite-installer failed with error "Could not find a suitable provider for foreman_smartproxy" while doing upgrade from 6.7 to 6.8
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Prepared the environment to perform the satellite-upgrade from 6.7 to 6.8
2. Configure all the repository(Enabled the required repository)
3. Execute the pre-check and it has completed successfully.
Satellite-installer failed with Could not find a suitable provider for foreman_smartproxy
Satllite-installer should not be failed.
a workaround should be running "yum reinstall puppet-agent-oauth" *after* puppet-agent from 6.8 has been installed.
as you're running foreman-maintain, which does all that for you, I guess your current setup is like this:
1. edit repositories to point to 6.8 snap
2. run foreman-maintain upgrade …
I don't think we can inject stuff in f-maintain directly, so I propose the following:
1. edit repos
2. foreman-maintain package unlock
3. yum install puppet-agent (this should update to the agent in 6.8)
4. yum reinstall puppet-agent-oauth
5. foreman-maintain upgrade …
*** Bug 1847309 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Devendra - Can you try with the workaround and update the BZ?
(In reply to Sudhir Mallamprabhakara from comment #7)
> Devendra - Can you try with the workaround and update the BZ?
It can apply only when BZ#1848538 gets fix.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/30193 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/30193 has been resolved.
*** Bug 1854538 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Verified with Sat 6.7.2 -> Sat 6.8 snap 8.0.
Installation passed without errors, Satellite works.
# rpm -q rubygem-foreman_maintain
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Important: Satellite 6.8 release), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.