Scenarios to test:
(A) Simple scenario:
1. Run a VM with a single passthrough SCSI disk.
2. Plug a non-passthrough SCSI disk
Expected result: the disk should be plugged successfully to the VM
(B) The reported scenario:
1. Run a VM with 5 non-passthrough SCSI disks and a single passthrough SCSI disk
2. Make sure that the non-passthrough disks are assigned with units 0-4 and the passthrough disk is assigned with unit=5
3. Unplugged the last disk
4. Plug the disk that was just unplugged
5. Make sure that the plugged disk is assigned again with unit=4
6. Plug another non-passthorough SCSI disk
7. Make sure that the disk that was just plugged is assigned with unit=6
as described in:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Low: Red Hat Virtualization security, bug fix, and enhancement update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.