Description of problem:
When the pruner jobs has persistent problem, the operator from time to time can report that the pruner is healthy. It happens when the running job hasn't failed yet. Another problem is that failed pods are automatically removed so we can't check their log output.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a deployment with an image reference that the pruner cannot parse.
2. Wait until the pruner fails to parse it.
3. Watch the operator conditions.
4. After the failure try to locate the job pod and read it's output (it won't exist)
The operator flakes and we can't read the job output log.
The operator stays Degraded and we can't see why it is degraded (by inspecting the pod log).
Verified on 4.6.0-0.nightly-2020-08-18-165040:
1. Make image pruner degrade;
2. Create a deployment with invalid image name
3. Watch image registry status: it remains degrade.
*** Bug 1857687 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 GA Images), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.