Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 186024
Xabre Volare Z7
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:27 EST
Description of problem:
system-config-display suggests vesa, but sis works better.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
100% on my hardware...
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install FC-5
2. Run system-config-display
3. Observe that the name of the card is displayed correctly,
monitor is detected right too. But driver is "vesa".
xorg.conf has "Screen" clause with "Driver \"vesa\""
Would be better to use "sis"
Sis is better because
- it allows more resolution
- it seems faster on 24 bits (vesa is ok on 16 bits depth)
- vesa breaks with Xen on this system (Dell SC-430)
Created attachment 126374 [details]
Need the PCI ID's.. lspci -vvn
Created attachment 126407 [details]
Fixed in 0.9.1-4.